Much of the content may be a bit dark, but it is not necessarily in chronological order. There are no dates, because I don't think it matters if I wrote it 3 years ago or yesterday. I decided to write for me and I know most of the time I feel like writing is when I have something I need to process or work through; this is really my only place to come to and release.

I am not miserable, I am just healing.

Angels

Surrogacy is a calling...it is something a woman knows she is meant to do the minute she first hears about it...it is a tug at her heart that never stops.

She may not even love being pregnant (I do!), but the need to help a family, change lives, and have a positive impact is unstoppable. The whole process is exciting and infinitely rewarding to her and when the time comes to stop, she feels loss. She has no alterior motives, nor is she heartless... she doesn't lack a connection to the child she is carrying, it is just a different kind of connection. It is the feeling like you are doing something so good and no one can ever take that away from you. In the times where she ends up with a new extended family, it is beautiful...and in the times where updates are less frequent she can still know that the family she helped create thinks of her often. At it's best, surrogacy leaves everyone involved feeling blessed to be a part of it and to have those in their lives that the process has brought together. I don't think I would feel nearly as accomplished, fulfilled, or whole if I had not had the chance to help those two families.

5 comments:

  1. aww I love it Id deff love to do something like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the little girl from the first surrogacy that I did. She is 17 months old now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww how cute so do u get to keep in touch with the people you do this for

    ReplyDelete
  4. yup. i have visited them twice so far (again in december maybe) and talk to them all the time.

    ReplyDelete

This is a place of positivity. Any comments found to be counterproductive to growth will be deleted. Thank you!