Much of the content may be a bit dark, but it is not necessarily in chronological order. There are no dates, because I don't think it matters if I wrote it 3 years ago or yesterday. I decided to write for me and I know most of the time I feel like writing is when I have something I need to process or work through; this is really my only place to come to and release.

I am not miserable, I am just healing.

Check-list of love


He (or she) will know I am amazing…He won’t be intimidated by my drive and ambition; to him it will be sexy. My independence will be okay and he will give me space to be me… but NEVER pass up the chance to hold my hand, touch my cheek, or kiss my forehead…because even strong girls are fragile. I will be beautiful in his eyes… when I am dressed to the nines, waking up in the morning, and dragging myself to bed at night. He will be floored at the size of my heart…and will never be jealous of the time I put in for other people…because he will know that he is HOME to me. The fact that I have friends of every shape, color, and personality will intrigue him…he will see me for the well rounded person I am and strive to be. Me being smart is an asset…and me being a smartass is even better…because it will make him laugh and feel challenged all at once. Not only will he think my causes are great, but he will join in when he can…just to be next to me and a part of what I believe in. He will know when to kiss me gently…and when to throw me up on the kitchen counter. He will encourage, support, and sometimes push me… because he knows how proud I will be of what I accomplish…and how hard I am on myself when I don’t. The fact that he is everything to me AFTER my children will be okay…in fact it will be perfect. He will want to take classes with me…to learn to dance so that we can lose ourselves in each other even if it’s in the living room…to learn to scuba dive so we always have something to do on a boring day… and just to learn for the sake of learning something new.He will call just because he can’t get me off of his mind. He will stand up for me even though he knows I can do it myself…because I shouldn’t have to.Family will mean the world… and holidays will ALWAYS be a big deal. Adaptable and intelligent… at home at a bon fire or at a black tie party. He will run to be by my side when I feel lost…and running away when it gets tough will never cross his mind. Public affection isn’t a problem…it’s encouraged…because he is SO proud that the ass he is grabbing is mine. The fact that I can cook rocks. When I am too tired, too dirty, or too stressed to feel sexy… he will tell me how beautiful I am without pressure…because he knows how well it will pay off when I finally get a shower and some sleep :) He will draw my bath for me…he knows I will come up with every excuse on my to-do list not to take the time otherwise. He knows he can trust me…so he talks to me…even when he feels like a whimp for it. When I complain, it won’t annoy him…he knows it takes a lot to get me to do it, so I am probably not bluffing. When I am sick he will take care of me, even when I tell him I don’t need him to. The fact that I do it for him and our kids will mean tons. He won’t think I am weird because one day I am in a suit and heels and all woman, and the next I am in sweats and a tank top and filled with girlish energy. I won’t have to speak…my eyes will give it away…but he will never tire of my voice. He will at least tolerate my dogs…my cats…my fish…my snake…and anything else I have running around. And the fact that I can keep up with all of them makes me that much more amazing. He will know the best way to end a fight is a hug. You don’t have to say I am right…but if you walk out it says you don’t care. I will cool down more in your arms than I will out of them. His promises will be as solid as concrete. Breaking them is NOT an option…because trust is the end all and be all of what we have. And I will keep mine. He is a great Daddy. And his promises to them are the only thing more important than the ones to me. He knows they need direction and structure… and a good roll in the mud every once in a while too. He will teach them to care…even if others don’t. He will show them how to push themselves, but feel good about how they are today…and how to appreciate every bit of life from a beetle to a bear. He will show them how to look for the sun but always be ready for the dark. And bedtime stories will take priority over any football game, night out, meeting, or client.
He (or she) probably doesn’t exist… but if they do God will bring them to me one day. And they won’t see the wrinkles under my eyes either ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a place of positivity. Any comments found to be counterproductive to growth will be deleted. Thank you!